NAMI EL PASO
Position: Part-time NAMI Bookkeeper
NAMI El Paso is the local affiliate of the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI). Vision: NAMI envisions a world where all persons affected by mental health conditions experience resiliency, recovery and wellness. Mission: NAMI El Paso provides advocacy, education, support and public awareness so that all individuals and families affected by mental health conditions can build better lives.
Post Date: March 8, 2017
Application Deadline: March 23, 2017
Start Date: April 3, 2017 or sooner.
Interviews: TBD, as soon as possible.
POSITION: Part-time BOOKKEEPER, Contract position, $200 per month compensation
REPORTS TO: NAMI Board of Directors through Treasurer/President
WORKS WITH: Office Manager, NAMI personnel and contractors as needed.
NAMI El Paso is a small 501 (c) 3 organization in need of a skilled bookkeeper. The bookkeeper will work with the Office Manager and other pertinent employees and under the direction of the President and/or Treasurer of the Board of Directors, to ensure that bookkeeping tasks are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Accept and document cash and credit card transactions
- Post debits and credits in computerized spreadsheets
- Handle payroll payments in a timely manner
- Verify transactions are recorded in the correct format and ledger
- Prepare and manage bank deposits and take them to the bank.
- Write checks, update check register and payroll spreadsheets
- Reconcile bank accounts monthly
- Prepare monthly financial reports for the Board of Directors
- Compile financial information for 990 tax submission
- Prepare and submit 941 payroll tax forms in timely manner.
- Enter data, file and maintain financial records up to date
- Perform and assist with other related duties in support of NAMI & the Board of Directors. Such duties might include, but might not be limited to invoicing or preparing an annual balance sheet and income statement for the Board’s budgeting process.
- Proven bookkeeping experience
- Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payables/receivable principles.
- Ability to compute, post and manage accounting figures and financial records.
- Data entry skills
- Hands-on experience with Excel spreadsheets and MS Office
- Knowledge of Quicken or other bookkeeping software is desirable.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Minimal education requirement: Associate’s degree in finance, accounting or business administration, or the equivalent in combined education and experience.
- This is an Independent Contractor position. It offers a very flexible work schedule and minimal office presence: e. once a week at the NAMI Administration Office and brief attendance during the Financial Reports portion of the Board of Director’s meeting. Compensation is commensurate with education and experience.
Interested individuals should submit a cover letter and resume to:
Attn: Frank Shipp, Treasurer